Wednesday 3 December 2008

Relief Society Enrichment at the Rusts

We had a very enjoyable Relief Society Enrichment event this evening at the home of the Rusts who live in Prokrovsky Hills, a very nice suburb of Moscow. Their home was decorated beautifully for Christmas, and they have a large collection of Grandfather Frosts and other Christmas decorations they have obtained during their years of living in Russia. He works for an oil company in management. The program and music gave us the Christmas spirit, and the hors d'oeuvres and desserts were delicious. Renee Mason, Linda Nearon, and Linda Rees, and I went there on the free shuttle that picked us up at Sokol (our metro station) and brought us home afterward.

Last year, I had gone with Chris Shepard and Ann Richards to the Rusts' home for a similar affair. I had admired a Russian nativity set they had. Janet Rust told me they had gotten several for family and friends, and I made arrangements to have one made for me. I picked it up this evening, and we have it set up on our wide window shelf to help keep us focused on the real meaning of Christmas. The figures are about six inches tall.


Our hand-crafted Russian Nativity

No comments: